1. What was your greatest shopping find?
My first pair of Manalo Blanik heels that I purchased for 60% off at Barney’s New York, a divine pair of black stiletto’s which lace around my ankle. When wearing these shoes I am transformed into a sexy and glamorous woman.
2. What is the item you most regret purchasing?
A black ¾ length skirt w/scalloped edges trimmed with black rhinestones that I bought on the fly.
3. What was your biggest fashion trend faux pas?
There have been a few but I would have to say it was one of those long, loose, flower print dresses that button up the front, circa 1990. (Resembling a big paper sack or a polygamist’s wife)
4. What do you love most about shopping?
For me shopping is such a creative experience. I love finding great pieces that when pulled together create an even GREATER look.
5. What do you dread most about shopping?
I love shopping. My only worry is not having enough money in my checking account when I’ve laid eyes upon the most perfect outfit that I’m sure I can’t live without.
6. What is your “go to” piece in your closet?
At the moment it is my navy Joie stretch cargo pants that are extremely comfortable, but a couple of months ago it was a black, long Ghram and Spencer skirt.
7. Where do you shop for your cheap thrills?
I try to shop Sales when I want something for “cheap”. I have also been known to hit H & M when I need a fix.
8. Who is your favorite designer?
It is forever changing, but I’m loving Lanvin, Stella McCartney and Haute Hippie for fun. I have always loved Donna Karen dresses and of course Oscar de la Renta.
9. Who is your personal fashion icon?
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Moss and my Godchildren who are risk takers and fabulous at pairing mix matched pieces that become fantastic outfits. I love that they dress just for them selves. I loved Carolyn Bassett Kennedy’s style.
10. What do you consider to be the secret to success?
If you do what you love and are passionate about and you do it to the best of your ability, you are successful. Don’t ever second-guess yourself.
11. What is your fashion motto?
Own it & Classics with an edge.
12. If you could change one thing about your style, what would it be?
More adventuresome styles for day and to not always reach for my jeans.
13. If you could only shop at one store, what would it be?
Barney’s New York, you can truly buy a complete wardrobe there and of course Chelsea Brentwood.
14. What was your most extravagant purchase?
A Gucci top that I can’t wear that often (because it’s difficult to wear a bra with).
15. What does your style say about you?
I hope it say’s that I am creative and like to have fun.
16. What inspires you most in your life?
Traveling, politics, children and fashion.
17. If you could have lived in another decade, what would it be?
Definitely the roaring twenties, I could climb inside any of Fitzgerald’s novels and live there.
18. What would you wear on a first date? What did you wear on your first date with your husband?
A fun, flirty dress that shows off my legs and a great bag.
19. If money were no object, what particular fashion item would you splurge on?
The Birkin Bag.
20. What outfit do you over wear the most?
My favorite jeans and a white tee.
21. What recent fashion trend, do you most dislike?
I don’t understand the harem pants.
22. What trend would you like to resurrect?
Ray Ban sunglasses popular in the mid to late seventies.
23. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Laughing with people I love and that love me.
24. Which living person do you most admire?
Nelson Mandela for so many reasons. He had the courage to rise above bitterness and not treat his oppressor’s as they had treated him.
25. Which First lady’s style do you admire most?
Jackie O and Michelle Obama. They stretched (stretch) the boundaries of what a first lady “wore”, and let their personalities infuse their style.
26. What is your favorite fashion website?
I love The Satorialist for the simplicity and his photographs. Who, What, Wear is my go to website for finding outfits similar to what celebrities are wearing at affordable prices.