1. What was your greatest shopping find?
My perfect shoes…brand new Christian Louboutin heels at a high-end consignment boutique…in my exact size andhalf off. Kristin actually found them for me while shopping for a client…so I can’t really take the credit.
2. What is the item you most regret purchasing?
Anything that I’ve bought on sale that I don’t need and just bought because it was on sale.
3. What was your biggest fashion trend faux pas?
Banana clips…should have never even gone there because I wore them way past their time.
4. What do you love most about shopping?
I love that I can evolve my style at any time depending on my mood or the season. I feel so lucky because when I shop I can justify it as “work”.
5. What do you dread most about shopping?
Nothing! Are you crazy
6. What is your “go to” piece in your closet?
My Bibelot Cashmere w/ Leather Buckle Cardigan…it dresses everything up and I’m always cozy in it.
7. Where do you shop for cheap thrills?
H & M or Target during their designer events.
8. Who is your favorite designer?
At the moment I have two; Charlotte Ronson and NSF.
9. Who is your personal fashion icon?
Both Sienna Miller and Diane Kruger…I am always awed by their choices.
10. What do you consider to be the secret to success?
Believing in yourself plus a lot of hard work with a willingness to take a risk when an opportunity knocks and a little insanity all mixed into one.
11. What is your fashion motto?
Wear items that flatter your figure; always stay with classic, well-made pieces. Less is more.
12. If you could change one thing about your style, what would it be?
I’d like to accessorize more creatively.
13. If you could only shop at one store, what would it be?
Mine of course! However, I do adore Wendy Foster in Santa Barbara.
14. What was your most extravagant purchase?
A beautiful hand made purse my mom bought me while traveling in Rome.
15. What does your style say about you?
I’m pretty simple and feminine.
16. What inspires you most in your life?
Seeing new collections at the trade shows and traveling to new cultures.
17. If you could have lived in another decade, what would it be?
The fifties…before feminism when women dressed like ladies.
18. What would you wear on a first date? What did you wear on your first date with your husband?
Something feminine and flirty…without showing too much…I think it’s important to be mysterious.
19. If money were no object, what particular fashion item would you splurge on?
Custom riding boots.
20. What outfit do you most over wear?
Dark denim with an open cardigan and London Sole flats.
21. What recent fashion trend, do you most dislike?
Overly clunky gladiator shoes…there is nothing flattering about them.
22. What trend would you like to resurrect?
Osh-Kosh B-Gosh Overalls for kids.
23. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being with my friends and family drinking wine in the summertime.
24. Which living person do you most admire?
My mom…she has impeccable taste and is always evolving and changing her personal style and home décor. She is stylized in every aspect of her life and always has a big smile…which is the greatest accessory of all!
25. Which First lady’s style do you admire most?
Jackie-O of course!! The big sunglasses, upper-east side chic with a palm beach flair. Her wardrobe must have inspired the top ten staple items of all time.
26. What is your favorite fashion website?
Garance Dore…it’s beautiful and artistic. She inspires me to think outside the box.