It’s been a while since I’ve had a style crush, but boy have I fallen hard for Marie Claire’s accessory editor, Taylor Tomasi-Hill’s, chic and undeniably cool style. Taylor, who previously was the fashion editor for Teen Vogue, is said to be the muse for Prabal Gurung and is rumored to be the new fashion director at Barneys New York.
Taylor is known for mixing feminine pieces with boyish or edgier items, quickly became a favorite among bloggers for her whimsical yet sophisticated style. She describes her fashion style as ” a clothing chameleon. My style is something that’s always evolving.”
She counts Rick Owens, Ann Demeulemeester and Proenza Schouler as her go-to designers, and considers Barneys as a home away from home. The editor has become a style icon for her model-like body, flame red hair (she is secretive as to which hairdresser maintains her red hair, although she has revealed they are on the east side in Manhattan).
Recently, Refinery 29, sat down with Tomasi-Hill and asked her what her five key wardrobe pieces were. We believe her answers are what will keep this style icon a favorite among us style bloggers
1. “Burberry trench coats, a great classic staple for fall or spring.”
2. “Madewell destroyed boyfriend jeans, I dress them up with my YSL heels for the office, or down with sneakers for traveling.”
3. “Punkrose leopard print sneakers, my go-to for days when my feet can’t take anything over .5 inches.”
4. “Chanel bag, I just got a large 2.55 after years of lusting after it. This one is the perfect carryall. My other tiny Chanel bags were always exploding with all the stuff I would try to pack in them.”
5. “My Rick Owens leather jacket, I can mix it with anything for an edgier effect. They are so expensive, but I stay on their radar and email list to make sure I’m always there for the sales.”